The Anemos group played a dominant role in wind power prediction and energy economics at the EWEA 2011 conference.
With 14 presentations, the Anemos group members played a dominant role in the annual EWEA wind energy conference in the fields of wind power prediction and energy systems. The variety of the presentations started with overviews of the successful R&D projects Anemos.plus, which is dedicated to wind power forecasting and business processes such as reserve planning, and SafeWind, a FP 7 research project focussing on the publication of extreme events.
As practical spin-offs from this research, advanced work on extreme event predictions, reserve planning, congestion management and early warnings on prediction deviations were presented to energy experts.
In conclusion, Overspeed discussed methods of turning big EU-funded research projects into commercial successes.
- Anemos.Rulez: Extreme and Ramp Event Forecasting and Alarming to Support Stability of Energy Grids (paper)
- The Commercial Anemos Activities & Lessons learned from a successful spin-off from EU funded research (paper)
- Towards Improved Wind Power Forecasting Technology With Focus on Extremes. The Safewind Project (abstract)
- Optimal Management of Wind Generation in Power Systems & Markets - The Anemos.Plus Project (abstract)
- Reserve and Congestion Management Using Wind Power Probabilistic Forecasting: A Real Case-Study (abstract)